Non Profits we support
In Alina and the Sea we are committed to help the less fortunate. For every sale we donate $1 dollar to a charity we feel in our heart!.
Here are some foundations we support:
1. EVA LONGORIA FOUNDATION
Founded by activist and actor Eva Longoria in 2012, their mission is to help Latinas build better futures for themselves and their families through education and entrepreneurship. By providing Latinas with the resources to succeed in school and business, we can help empower the Latino community.
Latinas in the U.S. are a rapidly growing group with extraordinary potential, yet they disproportionately lack educational opportunities and face economic challenges:
- 27% of Latinas live below the poverty line
- More than 1 in 5 Latinas drops out of high school
- Only 15% of adult Latinas hold college degrees
- Although they make up 17% of US women, Latinas are only 2% of the computing workforce
Despite these discouraging statistics, we are optimistic about the future. Ambitious and hardworking, Latinas are one of the nation’s greatest untapped resources:
- 80% of Latina teens in the U.S. aspire to go to college
- During the past decade, the number of Latina-owned firmed in the US rose by 137%
- Latinas start businesses at six times the national rate
2. FRIENDS OF THE CHILDREN OF VENEZUELA
Friends of the Children of Venezuela is a non profit organization that works for the health and life of these Venezuelan children. Through our acquaintances in Venezuela we are able to identify what the most urgent needs are so we can provide the patient with respective treatment, in addition to having a team that controls and monitors the Health Centers, delivery, and oversee the administration of medicines and other supplies. These immediate measures provide help to patients, while improving their recovery, and making it possible to perform surgery and other procedures needed to save their lives.
Giving Back feels good for the soul! 💗